Spring weather can be unpredictable, to say the least. Temperatures swing back and forth from freezing to blistering and sunny days could be followed by days of rainy weather. Mother Nature definitely has a mind of her own during the Spring. Follow these tips to prepare your home and your family for the unpredictable spring weather.
- Trim any low-lying or rotten tree branches that could fall during a storm.
- Prepare an emergency kit that includes: bottled water, flashlight with extra batteries, a weather radio and snacks.
- Use surge protectors for electronic equipment.
- Know how to shut off the electricity, water and gas.
- Check the condition of your roof during your routine spring cleaning.
- Clean out your gutters and downspout.
- Gather all important information including: insurance policies, medical information and important phone numbers.
These tips can help you be more prepared for the uncertainty of spring storm season.